Relaxing in Ulcinj

My original plan after Bryan and I split off was to hike in the Albanian Alps, but there's still too much snow up high.  I considered two mountainous routes for this last week, but both involved some hard riding to get back to Tirana on time.  So I'm taking it easy 😎. 

Ulcinj is 80% Albanian so the call to prayer punctuates the days again. Birding was good yesterday, but the planned beach afternoon was too windy.  I went this morning and experienced my first nudist beach.  If I'd had an umbrella I'd have stayed much longer - not many people (and not all naked) and very relaxing.  I checked out the small old city in the afternoon.  I've been eating well before (bakery around the corner has excellent burek), between and after outings.  Tomorrow I'll work a bit off riding to Shkoder in Albania.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and we're off!

On to Oregon

Travel, reentry and reflections