Tirana


I'm staying in a conveniently-located downtown apartment. Thanks to Itena, Giselda and Rozeta, (friends of a Boulder friend) the trip got off to a great start with good company and delicious food. After a 12-hour sleep, I took care of my trip prep needs and walked around. As I write the adhan (call to prayer) reminds me how long it's been since I've traveled alone without knowing the language. I'm up to 20 words of Albanian though...

The city has lots of construction underway, mostly a result of money laundering I'm told. I've only seen one other tourist, even in the touristy area, and he is a Floridian cycling as well. 

Tomorrow I head south 50 km with 950 m of climbing. Time for a good dinner and sleep.


Comments

  1. It was a great pleasure to meet you, Jeff, just like our joint friends (John and Jaye)!

    Congratulations on all that you are doing with your trip and on being a fast language learner :).

    Wishing you a nice and safe continuation of the trip, Itena, Griselda, Rozeta!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

and we're off!

On to Oregon

Travel, reentry and reflections