Long trip home with a trip bonus

 Great to be home!  After testing negative I packed up the bike and set about spending my remaining lek on food, a museum and some things to bring back.  

I'll miss delicious byreks!
It'd be nice if we had more public art around in the US...
A very effective series of posters...

My first flight to London got it late and look who I met on the midnight walk to my hostel near Hyde Park:

In the morning I enjoyed a 3-hour walk and seeing some classic sights for the first time.


25 pound entrance fee to Westminster Abbey!  Almost as expensive as the 35 euros to walk Dubrovnik's walls...

Three main themes of the many monuments and statues seem to be imperial glory, war memorials and great leaders:

 

And there are beautiful parks and gardens to enjoy.


A smooth trip back to Heathrow completed the 17-hour layover was followed by a direct flight to Denver see the welcome faces of Noel and Esteban.  Time to unpack and trim the beard.

A big thanks to Noel for holding down the home front, Bryan for being a great touring companion and the friendly and generous people of the Balkans for making this such an excellent adventure!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

and we're off!

On to Oregon

Travel, reentry and reflections